Showing posts tagged with: depression
Our article - "Reduce conflict and stress in relationships" published in the Chiswick Herald on the 9th November. Please read below:
- Pause - It can be tempting to allow your thinking to take over but this is also unlikely to be helpful as your thoughts will be based upon your negative feelings. Also when you have allowed your thinking to gain momentum you may find it hard to avoid taking action that has negative consequences.
- Take a breath and then ask yourself “what is factual here?”, with this example it can be helpful that having spotted there is little factual content and noting your negative reaction, that the important message from this interaction is that your friend is upset but not able to communicate this to you in a helpful way?
- Now develop a response with the following parts: first - state the facts, two - explain what thoughts it brings up for you. For example:
Posted by: Nicholas Rose on November 14th, 2018 @ 2:58 PM
Tagged with: anxiety chiswick herald counselling counselling chiswick couples counselling depression existential analysis extistential therapy Gay Counselling london psychotherapist psychologist psychology psychotherapy relationship therapy stress west london counselling west london psychotherapist
Our latest article on reducing anxiety was published in the Chiswick Herald on page 31.
View article Or read it below:
Posted by: Nicholas Rose on October 15th, 2018 @ 12:58 AM
Tagged with: anxiety chiswick herald counselling counselling chiswick couples counselling depression existential analysis extistential therapy Gay Counselling london psychotherapist mindfulness psychology psychotherapy west london counselling west london psychotherapist
Our latest article has been published on page 27 of the Chiswick Herald. Click here to visit the site or read below.
Posted by: Nicholas Rose on August 8th, 2018 @ 2:30 PM
Tagged with: chiswick herald counselling couples counselling depression extistential therapy family therapy london psychotherapist psychology psychotherapy relationship therapy weekend counselling west london counselling west london psychotherapist
Our latest article was published on page 29 of the Chiswick Herald on the 22nd June, click here or read below:
This month an article appeared in the Chiswick Magazine after Nicholas was interviewed by their Editor Katie Saunders. Please click here to read.
Posted by: Nicholas Rose on June 13th, 2018 @ 2:50 PM
Tagged with: anger management anxiety brief therapy cbt chiswick herald cognitive behaviour therapy counselling counselling psychotherapy websites couples counselling depression existential analysis extistential therapy family therapy Gay Counselling london psychotherapist marriage guidance mindfulness psychology psychotherapy relationship therapy stress weekend counselling west london counselling west london psychotherapist
- Think about your relationship - it is not helpful to think just about your partner and yourself separately.
- Take a step back and think together about what you can do so that you can both feel as though you remain committed to each other
- Even if your relationship is in a good place at the moment talk about this now - if trouble comes along you will have an agreed strategy in place and this will make it much easier to have the conversations that will help.
- If you or your partner is depressed share this article with them and think about seeking couples / relationship / marriage counselling.