COVID-19 News - Free counselling for the NHS classified extremely vulnerable people locally
Last week 1.5 million people received letters telling them they fall into the classification of extremely vulnerable and must stay at home for the next twelve weeks. If you are one of those people we would like to support you if you are finding it difficult to cope with your psychological welbeing. We understand that for many people activities and relationships outside of home can be a source of great support and that the need to stay home might well be affecting the things you do to stay well.
So if you think you might like to talk to someone then we are offering six free sessions of counselling. You can access our service if you:
* are over the age of 18
* have received a letter from the NHS confirming they must stay home for 12 weeks as they are "extremely vulnerable"
* living within the local area (Chiswick, Brentford, Acton, Ealing, Hammersmith, Hounslow or Cricklade and surrounding area)
How the scheme works:
* contact Nicholas Rose & Associates on 020 8996 9551 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* you will be asked to confirm you fit the above criteria
* an initial session will be organised using either an online video application or telephone
* if you and your therapist agrees then a further five sessions will be scheduled
* there is no fee however you will be given details on our partner charities - Acton Homeless Concern, The Prospect Hospice in Wiltshire - so that you can donate money if you choose to do so.
* a limited number of spaces are available
About Acton Homeless Concern:
Acton Homeless Concern is a local charity with TWO drop-in day centres providing basic needs services and advice and support for homeless and other disadvantaged people.
“Our clients come from all walks of life. They can be anyone. Perhaps a year ago they had a job and a home but then took a wrong turn or developed a mental illness. Eviction, drink and drug addiction and relationship breakdowns often follow. These are just some of the reasons people in desperate poverty turn up at our doors when there’s nobody else to turn to”.
About The Prosepct Hospice:
"Prospect Hospice aims to provide the best possible end-of-life care for everyone, whenever and wherever they need it. Our approach is compassionate, respectful and personalised to everyone who seeks it".