COVID-19 and Therapy Sessions - In Person and Online
COVID-19 and the impact on counselling and therapy
During the pandemic the majority of our therapy has been Online, as the options for returning to In Person therapy increase we will also be increasing our In Person session availability. Whilst some clients are wanting to continue therapy Online, others are returning to In Person sessions. Another possibility is to combine the use of both In Person and Online sessions. Please talk with us about what you would like.
If you are thinking to start therapy we are able to offer Online Therapy and In Person sessions (assuming you have no symptoms or should be self isolating).
We are happy to talk the options through with you - please ask.
If you wish to start therapy but face to face sessions are not feasible we can offer sessions online or by telephone. This might be a permanent arrangement or you may wish to change to having face to face meetings with your therapist when the situation allows. You will be able to talk through and agree with your therapist.
Our therapists are experienced in working in a variety of ways and have been carefully considering how they work at this time, with their priority being to minimise any disruption to your sessions. They will talk through their thinking with you if they think changing how you work together is appropriate. Likewise if you have concerns about continuing with your therapy sessions either face to face or online - for whatever reason - health, need for self isolation, financial worries then please speak to your therapist.
Enhanced Measures for In Person Therapy
Our team are taking extra measures to ensure your safety including regular hand washing, disinfecting of surfaces and taking account of all social distancing guidance and applying as appropriate. These include:
COVID-19 Precautions and Safety Regulations
- Provision of antibacterial hand gel in all therapy rooms
- Ensure ventilation in our therapy rooms
- Provision of antibacterial wipes for use on all appliances and surfaces before and after each appointment
- No shared drinking water facilities. Clients will need to bring their own water
- Thorough disinfection of rooms between clinics
- Safe distancing of no more than 2 clients and a practitioner in the room at any one time
- If you have been in contact with an infected person you must advise us immediately. Should you exhibit signs of infection you must cancel your appointment and advise us immediately
- Deep clean of room on a daily basis
- Kitchen facilities temporarily closed.